Thursday, January 31, 2013

30

Crazy dream last night, couldn't tell if it was real or not (still can't figure it out :/) Got to sleep in a little bit, since my ride to "work" had to drop off her maid at her daughters apartment first. Got to the aquarium just in time to walk the rock hoppers down to their outside exhibit. Used my Gopro today to try video them. After feeding them, I strolled around watched the fish in the predator and kelp forest tank. Helped feed the juvy jagged-tooth sharks and then helped some for with the penguins throughout the day. They get fed at 8:30,11:30 and 2:30. All feedings have to be recorded so I sit and record who eats what and then give Laduma a little loving. She is an African Penguin ( endangered species by the way :/) and she is very friendly, will let you love on her and cuddle with her, the others will not...don't even think about it! You will have a sore finger ( I know this from personal experience)! There is one rock hopper that doesn't go down stairs because he is molting and when they molt it basically means their new feathers are coming, so is very uncomfortably time for them. They tend to not eat, play/swim or do much of anything. Its name funny enough (can't remember if I have mentioned this before) is Nikki :D. Well the personal experience mentioned above...this is it. I was trying to be sweet to little Nik Nik and chomp!! Nothing crazy like I'm coming home with half a finger or something, just a mix between getting pinched and slight bang on the finger when you miss the object you are hammering. I think I'll leave him alone tomorrow, very grumpy bird! Tomorrow is my last day for this week. Can't decide if I want to go back for another week before I leave for Gaansbaai. Guess I'll have to decide by tomorrow after noon. There was talking about letting me dive but I might save that for after Gaansbaai, I'll be cage diving with Great whites, which are a lot better than jagged-tooth sharks ( even though they are descendants of on another.) The sharks at the aquarium are tamer than free roaming sharks, obviously.

Another fire today, with in the past week there has been 5 fires one pretty bad one that damaged 2 farms. The one today was in Hout Bay behind the house in the townships that sit on the bottom of the mountain .

Five words that will make you jizz in your pants...ALL. YOU. CAN. EAT. SUSHI. boom goes the dynamite! Eating with Melissa, Brandon and Shalom at active and then going to Fire and ice for milkshakes.

I'll have to upload the videos from the aquarium this weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment