Friday, January 4, 2013

4!




Off to Langebaan we go! Picture this a Toyota Camry ( or maybe a corolla) with 5 people in it...and then throw 2 hours into the equation. Murder! But at least it's pretty scenery to look at. We passed West Coast national park but didn't see any animals :( but no worries next Tuesday we are going to an elephant park/game reserve. It's another national park...8 hours away...in the car...with 5 people... Haha.

The drive down to Langebaan.
 A potato truck fell over on the road so we encounter a small bit of traffic while they removed the potatoes off the road, I hope they don't try to still sell those! I guess I won't eat chips or potatoes for the next day or two!

Langebaan is so beautiful! The water is a blue color I have never seen before! My dads friends house is to die for! It over looks the water front with a mountain in the background. I'm convinced this is heaven, for real! White House with white marble floors all open windows!!






The place we went to eat was 30 min away in a small town called jacobsbaai. It literally looks like a small part of Greece in in South Africa. Beautiful blue water and white houses on hills. The restaurant is called Weskusplek and the food once again was divine! I tried a new kind of fish called snoek ( snook). Very yummy!






On the way back to Cape Town we drove through the western cape national park this time and saw an ostrich plus a baby one, almost got hit by kudo, saw a meerkat run across the road and African Guinea fowls. This will be nothing compared to the other safari we will be going to next week!



Ostrich, you can't see it but there was a baby ostrich following the big guy!

In the winter you can come watch for Whales!

Kudo!


My dads friend has arranged for me to go up to his friends game park in Johannesburg for a couple days and for me to go scuba diving at Mango beach and Mozambique!!! I'm am truly the luckiest girl in the world! I could not be more excited about what is ahead of me and never want this to end!!!

Tomorrow is BEACH time baby!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment