Sunday, January 6, 2013

6!




Sorry it wasn't my dad's cousin it was his friends. We ate in camps bay at a great restaurant and I was being very adventurous and decided to try OSTRICH!!! Yes ostrich as in the giant bird...needless to say it was the greatest thing I have ever tasted. Better than steak and healthier. Ostrich is a red meat but has none of the cholesterol like beef has. Korea also went out side the beef/chicken bubble and got game kabobs. Kudo and 2 other horn/hooded animals that I can remember their names. Kudo is one of the Animals we saw in the western coast national park. Hers was amazing too. Yay for being adventurous!

After dinner I went out with Amanda to a place called Van hunks and then another place called slug and lettuce. They were playing a NFL place so that will definitely be the place to watch the falcons on the 12th.

We went back to her house and just hung out there with her roommates. It was a lot of fun! My mom is teaching me to count in Afrikaans so I had to show off my skills to her roommate who speaks it fluently! I'll have to post a video for y'all so you can learn too!!!

Today it's another amazing day, no waking up and running this morning! All the walking up a down stairs killed me. We are going to visit gran again and bring her the smoked salmon sarmie (sandwich) as promised. And then off to table mountain and hopefully seal island, where you can watch the seals and sharks!

Table mountain was windy and cloudy but it was still awesome to ride the cable car all the way up and walk on top of it!


Hope you aren't afraid of heights!!!!

view from the top of the mountain!

This is what I had to trust to carry us all the way up to the top.


Got some wonderful beaded necklaces from the market in Hout Bay! My friends are super lucky!!! :)

For dinner we went to the harbor to a great restaurant called the lookout deck! Live music, great food and cheap drinks! Allan convinced my aunt that doesn't really drink to take 4 jäger bombs!!! We brought sigma nu weirdness to Cape Town! Dancing on tables! Singing along with the band to sweet Caroline! It was a great time! There was also a sports anchor for cricket next to us, we definitely influenced their shot taking!!! Band would play sweet home Alabama...LAME!!!!


Gettin' weird at the lookout deck.

It all started with jager bombs....

View outside the restaurant...hence the name, the lookout deck.

12 apostles.

Oudekraal view from the side of the road.

so pretty!


Every night when we get back to our parking lot, there is a little kitty that is waiting for us. Its cute, orange and fluffy and we have named it Frankie! He tries to follow us up to our apartment but of course that can't happen. I wish I could take him and snuggle with him ( or her), I miss my pretty pretty princess Rajah Bean and baby boo nug Bastian! Hope they are settled in just fine with the pet sitter. 

Now it's off to bed, this nug is super tired! Talk to y'all tomorrow!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment