Friday, January 11, 2013

9

The weather definitely lied! Horrible weather, cold rainy not beach weather :(. So today included eating some brekky ( bagels and cold meats) and doing a little shopping on the Main Street. Got a cute dress and finally found my dive housing for my gopro so that way when I got to Mozambique my video will not be blurry! Someone thought it would be fun to give KFC a try and walk there...it's 20 minutes away. Why not drive?!? Who knows...just wait the best part is coming, it started raining and I didn't think we would be walking across the world so I wore sandals...great day for me. Dad eventually turned around and walked back to the car while we kept on chugging along until we finally got to KFC. So you'd think hey KFC is an American thing they must have free wifi....INCORRECT!!! Why?!?!? I'm a paying customer, why is your I Internet locked!?!? Gah they really need to jump on the ball with this situation.

So ready to get back to Cape Town, there's really nothing in plett besides the beach and its cold, so that's not happening. Might go zip lining through the forest tomorrow if the weather is ok, but not bungy jumping off the bridge anymore. Kinda relieved but sad too. I've been pumping myself up for that and if I actually would have done it, I would be pretty proud of myself. Oh we'll...not looking forward to the drive back to cape town though, wish we were flying. :/ Six hours in that corolla makes me very anxious. At least when we get back it'll be my cousins 20th birthday! One of my cousins was suppose to be getting married today but she called off the wedding a while ago. Maybe that's why it's been such a blah/gloomy day.

We ate dinner at a place called taste of Mozambique, it's Portuguese food and is delicioso! The prawns where literally the size of my hand! I can't wait to actually go to Mozambique and eat there food.

It's raining again so instead of going out we stayed in and my parents, Allan and korea and I watched footloose the new version, always a great movie. Makes me want to go to prom again and wish I could dance good! Ha.

Being kinda disconnected from the Internet (which is my main way of communicating with my friends back home) has really made me miss them, I've met a few people in Cape Town through my cousins but no one that I have seen more than once, can't wait to start making new friends. I miss Sebastian and rajah the most, I was bored today and went through all my pics and videos. Most of them were of my babies, I miss cuddling with that little nug :( if only I could talk to him I'd feel better. Hopefully he is not lonely. My parents will be back in the states jan 16 so I have already instructed my mom and dad to send me at least 5 pictures and videos a day.

Once they leave ill have 2 in a half months here an I'm sure it will fly by. Hopefully ill be heading to Johannesburg to do some work on the game reserve and then after that head to Mozambique to dive at mango beach. Then my birthday will be arriving shortly...:(....25! :((( that's a quarter of a century, and I can't celebrate it with my friends or family... Then after my b-day ill be headed to my great white shark research program!!!! Can't wait to cage dive and learn/study those beauties!!! Before I know it ill be back on a plane flying across "the pond" as they call it. :)

If its raining and bad weather tomorrow we might just head back to Cape Town. I really want to zip line through the forest though. Don't get to do that everyday in America!









No comments:

Post a Comment