Friday, February 1, 2013

31

Done with the aquarium til next week, might go Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Did the usual and took care of the penguins. Nikki the big fat rockhopper that is molting decided he wanted to go down stairs today, I didn't even think twice about it and thought he was teddy (the one with arthritis) so I tried to pick him up because he wasn't walking. Well didn't end good ha. He kept pecking at my arms and I kept thinking "wow! Teddy is really grumpy today." Ha needless to say its because that wasn't Teddy, it was Nikki. Guess I should start learning how to identify the rockhoppers now too.

Moved the shark that was in holding back to the predator tank, got some great video of the procedure (weighing, tagging and such). Also have some more Gopro footage of the penguins and Doug the baby loggerhead turtle.

Watched some people dive in the predator tank, going to try set up to dive in there soon. I've found it so relaxing just going to sit and watch the critters in the predator tank just swim round and round! When I win the mega million I think I'll buy a house where the basement has a wall that is all glass looking into my extra super large fish tank!

Fed Canaloni ( green turtle) by myself and gave her a good scratch. Relieved to rest tomorrow, my lower back is killing me! Going to eat at pakalolo with Derrik and Jeanette and then meeting up with Brendan for drinks.

It's my birthday in South Africa. :( let the emotions begin....really wish my biffles were here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment