Monday, January 7, 2013

One week in paradise!

Tried to sleep in today, but didn't really happen, when 8:30 rolled around I was up and about! Korea was the only one to sleep in! Lucky girl!!! Beautiful day in Cape Town, clear skies no wind and high of 79! Sadly some of us are still a little crispy from the beach a couple days ago! They should have gone to the tanning bed like me!!! Today's agenda includes driving to the other side of Cape Town to Chapman's peak. So expect some great pictures and the cape of good hope, where the Indian Ocean and Atlantic Ocean meat. Spectacular views!!




Baboons!!! We are in baboon country and let me tell you they own the place! On the way from Chapman's peak we encountered some ostrich's, one very curious one! The ostrich I ate the other night was great but now I feel bad, because this ostrich was so cute!!! Ill be riding one soon!!! The cape of good hope is a national park again so we had a ways to drive until we got to the most southern tip of South Africa. And here comes the exciting news about the baboons! You aren't allowed to feed them because then they get dependent on humans for food and become aggressive and then sadly they have to be "removed" :((. So we had to stay in our car but there were tons on the road just chilling, had no care In The world that cars were trying to get by. They even jumped on our car and started wrestling!!! I have a video of them jumping on the car, but I'll have to post the youtube when its done loading!
Baboons getting it!


I'm sorry for eating you!!!

We ate at two ocean restaurant, and this time I'm decided against ostrich and went for Italian! Lets see how it owns up to Atlanta's Italian food.

I'd rate this Italian food at this particular restaurant average. :/ but It was still good. We hiked up to cape point where the light house is. Lucky day for me...I got pooped on by a bird. Grossness and I know from personal experience this has nothing to do with having good luck. Off to cape of good hope we go! This is where it is perceived that the two oceans: Indian and Atlantic meet, but geographically it is Cape Agulhas national park. We didn't hike up to the point where you can Stand and see the color difference in oceans, because it was quite a trek and none of us dressed appropriately! The Indian ocean is warmer because it's shallower making it a lighter blue. The Atlantic is a deep dark blue and when the oceans meet there are some waves forming due to different currents.

Cape of good hope.



On the way home we passed through some small towns: simon's town to see the penguins and a small fishing town called fish hoek, which we tried to see the other day but got caught in traffic. Very quite and nothing major to see. My dad is on the prowl for a soft serve ice cream shop so that shall be our next adventure!

Simon's town.


Mission unaccomplished...we settled for KFC which is pretty much on every corner here!!! Went to the waterfront for a bit, and my super amazing bestest brother EVER bought me some pearl earrings!!! So sweet! If only I could find a boy not related to me that was that sweet to me!

For dinner it's shwarma time!!! I've been waiting for one since Allan had one the other day. It's an Israeli/middle eastern food. Shaved beef in a pita with salad = yummy in my tummy!!!

Guess who was waiting for us in the parking lot when we got home....FRANKIE! Our kitty! I'm going to miss him while we are traveling the coast!



Frankie! He never stays still enough to get a good pic! Silly kitten.
I'm dreading tomorrow til 4pm. We have an 8.5 hour drive in the small Camry with 5 people! Heading to Port Elizabeth, but at least it's to go to Addo elephant park!!! There's lions, zebras, elephants, water buffalo and so much more!!! I cannot wait, this is really life stuff people. We are checking in to our bungalow and going on a sunset drive. Riding in the wild, in a open range rover! I'm so excited!!!

I'll post the video's ASAP! It's bed time now though got a long day ahead of me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment