Saturday, January 5, 2013

1,2,3,4....5!!!



Started the day off with a nice run in the water front again. For the amount of food we are eating I should be running 3 times a day! It's the best weather today! Perfect for the beach! People were hang gliding off table mountain this morning. 


My cousin Amanda (25) owns a deli in a newer upcoming area called Woodstock, so we are going to eat there and then hit Clifton beach. In South Africa all the kids from jo-burg ( Johannesburg, where I was born) come down to Cape Town for summer break they name themselves "holiday makers." It will probably be the last day for the holiday makers to be in the beach, since school starts on the 8th of January. Hopefully this means lots of good-looking people!!! 





Lunch was so yummy! The old mill market place is very European. Lots of cute clothes and jewelry, but not market pricing. After lunch we headed toward Clifton. It's has 4 parts to it, each has a different age group. It's was a bad morning to push myself when running, to get to the beach you have to walk down. a billion  stairs down the mountain side.. Burn baby burn! Haha. Very hot day, but the water is ice cold! In talking cold like your heart stops when the water touches your toes. I think between 1st and 2nd beach is my age group and trust me they weren't too bad to look at ;). 

After all getting completely toasted it was time for a  little snack, sushi and gelato! We got sushi down the street where Korea and I discovered the best cocktails, we will have ot go there one night for drinks! So cheap, its cra-cra! Our sushi was 68 rands which is about $8 and the bartender was nice so I tipped her 20 rands and apparently that's a pretty good tip says my dad...guess that's why she looked at me so weird when I handed it to her! The exchange rate is about 8.4 rands to $1, so that's around a $2.3 tip but it just sounds crazy saying " I tipped her 20 rands!" Haha. She better be there when we go get drinks sometime and make them extra tasty!

Tonight we are going to meet some of my dad's cousins for dinner and then go check out the older crowd night life scene with my cousin Amanda! I'll go ahead a post this now since I'll probably be typing gibberish later if I attempt to blog intoxicated! Don't want any BUI tickets!!! haha, I crack myself up sometimes... Blogging under the influence if you didn't get that. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment