Tuesday, January 22, 2013

21

Feeling sad today...I miss my friends to death. I'm having a good time in Cape Town but all these fun new times and I don't have someone that holds a special place in my heart to share it with. The people I've met so far are wonderful people but no one I have really connected with on a good friend level, my group of friends back home are a loyal bunch so maybe a little part of me doesn't want to "replace" them which they obviously could never be replaced ever, but I hope you kind of get my drift. It would be a lot easier if people were still on holiday. Saturday is the only day my cousin Amanda goes out because she owns and runs her deli so when the work day ends she's exhausted, I want to meet more of her older friends, hopefully this Saturday we can make it out! I'm a horrible judge of age! I definitely thought Ruan was at least 23 since Amanda is 27 and he lives with them...oops not so much.

My birthday is in 11 days...I remembered that yesterday. Not very excited about it, who's going to celebrate with me pic (partner in crime) style! There's only one pic in my life and she's thousand of miles away :(. Plus ill be 25, that's a quarter of a century...grandma status.

It's been a very boring day, that's probably why I have been on this weird/sad mood. Went for a walk to try clear my head and then went to post office with auntie Jeanette and ate some fish a chips at the harbor. Tried to lay out for a bit and take a nap but its so hot and I couldn't get comfy.

Another situation is I've been getting bitten by mosquitoes and/or fleas. My aunt and uncle said its mosquitoes not fleas, but the dogs have been scratching so I checked them and low and behold fleas are present. I don't know how to approach them and say its fleas because I checked the dogs, without coming off as cheeky. I thought about asking if I could bath them since I was bored but they don't seem like the type to behave and it could end up badly. Oh bother...life eh?

Read a little bit of Fifty shades of freed and then took a nice nap. Had a crazy dream! Can never really remember the whole dream but it included Sebastian, hiding from someone or something in my aunt and uncles old house back at home...it must have been pretty intense, because when I woke up I had the worst headache from grinding my teeth in my sleep.

Had a wonderful supper, made with love by my auntie! Little bit of country cooking, chicken, mashed potatoes and creamed corn! Yum! We watched the lance Armstrong Oprah interview. Poor guy, he made some big mistakes has nothing to really show for anymore because all his metals were stripped, even has only 1 testicle and will probably be broke by the time he gives back all the money he took from people by wrongfully suing them. I say accept his apologies and move on, people make mistakes they are in the past and all you can do is learn from them.

Hopefully I'll get a call back from the animal shelter or hear back from the aquarium about volunteering tomorrow. I need to find someone to go on the Nauticat with me to Seal Island! I could go to my cousins deli but it is kind of small and I feel like I'm in the way when they aren't very busy so maybe ill go Saturday and then just go back to her house afterwards and hang with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment