Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The journey is rearing an end.

Well after 2 in a half months of living it up reality is slowly making its way back in the door, but not before I explore Amsterdam for 6 hours on my layover! Can't believe that it's time to go home, it feels like I have been here for so much longer and it's been a blast but I'm so ready for life back home!!!!

About to get up and go see my granny, cross my fingers she's easy going today.
Visit was good she behaved and I said my good byes. So sad to say bye to here since it is probably the last time ill see her. That has not really hit me yet, been on the go all day . After gran Lauren, Brett and I went to get biltong from the waterfront and the got lunch. Can home and had to do some rearranging on my cases, pray to god that I'm not over-weight! Definitely brought way too much stuff!!!! Melissa cd over to chill and then off to the airport we go! So nervous, I hope everything goes well checking in. I prepaid for my extra luggage but it didn't show up on my check in so that should be an obstacle. I haven't receipt from though so wish luck!
Still have to claim my taxes, and exchange some rands to dollars. Flight only leaves at 11:30PM.

Excited about Amsterdam!!! Goin to take the train to Central Station and walk around, go see the red light district and maybe catch a canal cruise!

Check in was a breeze, but unfortunately I did not know that you had to present all you purchases in order to get back your taxes, so I only got R140 back which is about $14 so not bad! Makes me angry because I definitely bought well over 3000 worth of stuff and could have gotten about $100!!! Oh well you live and you learn. I have learnt 3 things about traveling: 1. You don't need 25 pairs of panties. all your bathing suits and a bra in every color!!! 2. You don't need a whole wardrobe just have versatile outfits, there are laundry machines for a reason. And lastly but not least 3. Claim your taxes before you check your baggage through.

Standing in line waiting to board my plane and can't help but reflect of the amazing journey I have just embarked on and all the amazing and inspiring people I have met. I'm truly blessed to live the life I do.

Standing in line waiting to board my plane and can't help but reflect of the amazing journey I have just embarked on and all the amazing and inspiring people I have met. I'm truly blessed to live the life I do.
I can't believe this part is over but I know that this is just the start of a new 1000 page book in my life. I have learnt so much about my self, everything about what type of guys I like to what I want to do in my career. The people I have met will never know how much they have influenced me and I am so excited to start looking for a job I will never hate! First stop the aquarium!!!

Here we go first leg to 'Mercia. Only 11 hours. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸✌

No comments:

Post a Comment