Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Almost time to say bye to my penguins :(

Second to last day at the aquarium :(. Makes me so sad, I've really come accustomed to those little nuggets and I k ow we have some at the Georgia aquarium but they aren't going to be my Laduma or Ayoba...and what about big old Teddy. Luckily prudence said she will send me updates on the new chicks and I'm sure Hayley will as well! Tomorrow is my last day, and I'm finally diving in the predator tank! So nervous! I have to take the bus tomorrow morning which could be Interesting, and then walk from free point to the waterfront.
So in my book, I just finished the chapter where the waterfront aquarium was home to a sunfish or two, and today someone called and said there was an I hired sunfish on Cliffton 4th beach. Sun fish are huge flat fish! Go look them up! Not sure what the conclusion of the injured fish was but ill ask tomorrow. Would have been awesome if we got to hold it in our holding tank until it was better!!! Really wanted to see one!

Other than that, not much of an exciting day. Just hung out with the Rockies for a bit, played with the Africans. Bought a Children's book in Afrikaans, and Prudence was helpings translate it. She taught me the Afrikaans alphabet as well.

Left the aquarium at 2 and went to china town with Jeanette to get a suitcase, and hit the jackpot. Got a big, light-weight one that is baby blue and polka dotted for only...( drumroll, please) R110!!!! Ding ding and she struck gold! :)

Came home and packed everything except for some cloths to where when I get back from Gaansbaai and obviously all my clothes I'm taking with me there!!! Can't wait to see my friends, family and pets!!!!

Got to be up early tomorrow ( 5:30AM) yuck!! So it's bedtime! Goeie nag!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment