Sunday, March 10, 2013

Happy cycling

Today is the Argus, originally had planned to watch it is Hout Bay, but now I'm watching it in camps bay which is so much better on the beach. Haven't left the house yet, just chilling and watching some cricket. The cyclist will only be approaching camps bay around 12.

Ate some yummy healthy Kauai, a princess wrap. Perfect food for a princess like! Haha. Now just waiting on heather and Valcon to get to Camps Bay to go sit on the beach and watch the race a little bit more.

Not even going to ask Jeanette or Derrick for a ride to Hout bay just going to take the bus, so over their attitude. Decided that Friday the 15th I'm going to Gaansbaai and staying until the 20th.


Ended up meeting with Heather and Valcan to watch the cycle show, and then thankfully some of Jeanette's friends live close to Camps Bay so she arranged for them to bring me back to Hout Bay. Super sweet couple, I've met them before. The one guys brother lives in Durban and was telling me that he is quite connected with the Natal Shark Research Institute. I think I have read about it in my book, and to keep in contact with him so when I come back to South Africa next June he'll be able to try set something up for me to work with the scientists. Awesome connection!

Braai was delish, I swear I've gain 25 pounds...gross. So much food and eating out. Done eating, I gonna pull a Gandi move and not eat til I get back to the States. I don't care how sore my foot is tomorrow I am running, far and hard. 

The one thing I am going to miss about Cape Town is it's vast opportunities for activity, hiking a mountain, cycle around town, going for a nice stroll down the beach, the beach itself with volleyball nets...the most you can do at home  is walk around a un-pretty neighborhood or park :(. It would be awesome if you could go to the gym and push a button and a projector would surround you with the place you chose to be....I could probably go for hours. "so where did you run today?...Oh just in Brazil...!" Virtual running/cycling. A great idea in my books!

Going to relax tomorrow and maybe go get my luggage sorted. 
Tuesday: diving at aquarium with the sharks.
Wednesday: Visiting my gran.
Thursday: Snorkeling with the seals, and then a family dinner.
Friday: Hopefully be heading to Gaansbaai for 5 days!
Come back from Gaansbaai on the 20th on the morning, visiting gran again and having dinner with friends....and then...
21st: Flying HOME, only after having about half the day to make sure I have everything I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment