Sunday, March 3, 2013

49, no sea day

Yay! Finally we had a day to just relax. We took the opportunity to get out of Kleinbaai and go wine tasting, beer tasting and cheese tasting, with a petting zoo thrown in for fun (mostly for me!).



Went to Raka winery, amazing wine and gorgeous surroundings. Tasted their 5 wines and then bought a bottle of sauvigon blanc. So cheap, ended up giving that to Jeanette and Derrick as a gift. I'll have to get another bottle just for me when I go back. After the winery we went to Birkenhead brewery to taste some beer. On the way their we stopped a a cute little store that had the BEST scones!                                                        ---->

Honey blonde was my favorite, kind of reminded me of Shocktop. I miss that! Can't wait to hit up a happy hour when I get home and just indulge in wings and Shocktop!!! Next stop was the cheese tasting, only tasted 5 cheeses, but they were good anyways. Nothing like Amanda's shop! Bought a bag of animal food and feed goats, a pony, some sheep and tried to feed the chickens, but they weren't interested. Stopped in a little town on the way back to look at a second hand store, old china and stuff, very interesting but nothing caught my eye, so I left empty-handed (thank the lord.) All in all it was a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment