Thursday, March 7, 2013

Back at the aquarium!

Back to the aquarium today, so up bright and early! Started looking at jobs at the aquarium in Atlanta last night ( shod also look at other aquariums as well, know that I think of it). The GA aquarium has some jobs available including a conservation biologist and a part-time maintenance diver. The biologist requires a maters but might as well apply and maybe they will pay for my masters! Also looked at schools in Georgia that had zoology/animal science/marine science programs. UGA and Savannah State have as well as GA Southern. Forgot to look at GA State. It makes me so anxious thinking about big girl jobs...

The penguin eggs hatched!! So we have babies!!! So excited got to hold them and weigh them. There were 6 eggs total: 2 were infertile because the parents moved them during the incubation period, and sadly one hatchling didn't make it. So 3 out 6 survived ( I'd say a pretty good rate at 50%) and are thriving! One chick is HUGE!

We took Laduma and Ayoba for a walk outside and through the aquarium, so sweet and super fast compared to the Rockies!!!

Doing an encounter with Hayley today, never done those so should be fun. And then should be diving in the predator tank! Cage diving with great whites and free diving with jagged-tooth sharks, now that's my kind of party!!! :)

It's an amazing day at the aquarium!!! This arranged marriage between Chuck and Labamba has been successful and Labamba has laid an egg! That's one more sweet penguin to enter the world in about 30ish days!!! It's predicted that the African penguin will be extinct in 20 years and that makes me soo sad! Got to penguin promises.com help save these adorable creatures!!!

Playing trivia tonight the the oldies crowd, and am absolutely fine with it, given up on Cape Town night life. Going to my first trance party on Saturday! Have no clue what to wear but hoping to find something at the water front today or tomorrow. 15 days til I fly home!!!! Getting anxious and excited to see my friends and family and my babies!!!!!!

Definitely did something to my foot, hurts when I walk. Hiked all that way the other day so I'm thinking I irritated some ligaments, hopefully it feels better by Saturday. Better not be anything crazy like a steer fracture!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment