Wednesday, February 13, 2013

42

First day as a volunteer!!! I'm ready to rock and roll baby! Had to wake up at 7:00 to be down at the Great White house by 8. My task on the morning was to go help get the boat ready! So that's wiping down all the seats and hand rails, pretty much making it look neat and pretty! The first trip launched at 8:30. Saw some massive sharks! Didn't bring my camera but I "borrow" some of Nicola's from the marine dynamic blog (www.sharkwatchSA.com) A crazy client did chug a cup of chum ( the ground up fish and fish oil we used to attracts the sharks to the boat) for R300 from his buddies from Australia. Crazy dude! I would have never done it to just 300, that's like $30!!! No freaking way bru! HA. The second boat launched back to back with the first, so it was a long day at sea, but definitely worth every second! Saw about 6 sharks in the morning and a good but in the afternoon. Rosie, hung around for a good bit and gave everyone a show. After the diving was done for the day we headed to Spar ( a grocery store) to get food for the braai. One girl, Kate, was here for 6 weeks on her second visit, and she is leaving tomorrow so we had to send her out with a bang. I roomed with her so after tomorrow I will have to room to myself! Yippeee!









Braai was fun, played beer pong and listened to music. Nothing to crazy just chill. Headed home around 12 to hit the sack and get ready for another shark-filled day!

The love bird Kit and Rebecca.







No comments:

Post a Comment