Friday, February 8, 2013

day 37

usual routine:
~ wake up.
~Go to aquarium.
~come home.

But between aquarium and home is where it gets interesting!!! So I go to lunch and put my nokia phone in my shirt pocket, so I can keep track of time and meet Hayley to feed the penguins in the afternoon. Everything goes well, and then I got to pick up the false rocks on the penguins beach, as I bend over the phone falls out, luckily only into the false rock bowl (which is empty). I think to myself must got put go put that in my bag, since I'm doing "dirty work". The thought was in my head, unfortunately I never made to the my purse because Hayley stopped me on her way out and said don't forget to do the windows in the Rockies exhibit downstairs....No excuse for not continuing with my plan to set my phone back in my bag, but I got carried away and didn't. So you thought that was crazy listen to what happens next!!! Go to spray the windows down, climb up on ledge, bend down to pick up hose.....and.....Plop, goes my phone...INTO THE WATER...10ft BELOW!!!! Really! first my iphone when I first got it and now this!!! So I had to go find someone in a wet suit to retrieve the phone. Luckily ( not sure if this is lucky or not) the phone hit a bar on the way to the water and the battery popped out but landed on solid ground (so battery is not submerged in water). So needless to say the phone is sitting in rice and not sure if it is going to be as lucky as my iphone! Melissa has an extra phone for me ( hopefully its one that has whatsapp on it. because then I don't really need my iphone that much = don't have to use data = SAVE MONEY! So there hope that provided some entertainment for you on this wonderful THURSDAY!

No plans for tonight, unless I go play trivia with my aunt, uncle and theirs friends. Haven't decided what to do....

Went to trivia and actually contributed to some questions! We got 3rd so not bad, Melissa came and picked me up and the met Jared, Shalom and Brendan at a Caprice, had a drink and then they wanted sushi so we went to this dodgy (sketchy) place in Sea point. Thank god I wasn't hungry! After that came home and went to sleep.

And another phone miracle....The rice worked once again and little nokia is back up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment